01 October 2008

Back to Basics

I've recently been reading back over some of my old posts from the early days. I laughed when I came to the re-realisation that I actually started this blog as a way of documenting my adventures in overseas travel. Once it became clear that I wasn't actually going anywhere any time soon, the blog sort of morphed into a whinge festival about how much I disliked Adelaide. The title "Far From Home" gradually became more and more ironic the longer I stayed living with my parents.

And now here I am in sunny (at last) Sydney where I have been living quite happily for the last year and a bit. I've obviously gotten a little carried away with the self important metropolitan lifestyle, as for the last 12 months at least the blog has just been one amusing (well, I think so anyway) anecdote from my life after another, coupled with the odd cheap shot at Hillsong. And while that's all well and good, I think the time has come for the narcissistic rambling to stop, take a good hard look at itself and figure out what it wants to do with it's life and why it insists so strongly on only wearing fabric imported from Denmark.

Is this the end of Far From Home?

Hell no! It's just time to get back to basics. If I'm going to write about being far from home, then it's high time I actually got myself a little further from home.

I figure Western Europe is about as far as I can get, and still be on land (the diametric other side of the world is somewhere in the North Atlantic), so I've booked me a one-way ticket to Madrid. FFH is going inter-continental, baby! And about time too.

I'm not actually leaving Sydney until January, so you can expect a few more months of inane drivel between now and then. Oh, and I'm planing on actually visiting Hillsong sometime in the next few months, so I can take cheap shots at them from a more informed point of view. Stay tuned...

Far from home



Garry with 2 Rs

1 comment:

Beth said...

How exciting! I'm unbelievably jealous of course, but happy (in a slightly bitter and twisted way) for you.

Be sure to drop by Vancouver if it's convenient!