18 November 2008

Insincerely Yours

I wrote my letter of resignation from work this week. I'm not actually leaving until sometime in December, but I wanted to give them plenty of notice, even though it's technically pre-ordained by the expiry date of my contract. It was just a few lines long; short and to the point (Yes... apparently I am actually capable of this).

I was thinking a lot about the conventions we use when we write these sorts of things. Of course the first line was "it is with some sadness that I inform you..." which, whichever way you look at it, is complete baloney. A more honest line would be something like "It is with a smug sense of self-satisfaction and vindication that I'm here to tell you..." Or perhaps just "I quit, damnit!" in preposterously large font.

Anyway, it all comes to a head later this week when I go and hand the letter in. Unless of course, someone from work happens to read my blog for some reason, in which case I guess I've just stolen my own thunder.

Which means I'm going to have to go round up my trusty crew of noble yet rugged outlaw brethren, and go get it back. Leaping from the back of my noble steed, I'll draw my long-blade dramatically and pronounce "You've stolen the thunder from your last resignation letter, 2 Rs!" To which, I will defiantly reply "What the hell are you talking about?"

Filthy neo-conservatives...

Far from home



Garry with 2 Rs

2 comments:

Rach said...

will you be dressed as a ninja? I think that would make it far more effective...

Beth said...

Resigning is so satisfying... :-)